You guys I nearly drove myself completely mental yesterday. My original layout playing around was fun ... yeah, not so much anymore. At some point, this exercise turned from playful to painful.
I thought I had a nice block layout ... until Sue & Louise pointed out a problem - the bottom left block was red roundy and the other 3 corners were red pointy ... I spent way too much time trying to fix the problem.
First, I switched the 2nd and 4th rows.
Uh, wait a minute. The 2 blocks with the most pink were beside each other in the top row. No good.
So switched the top 2 blocks in the middle column.
But then I had the same red fabric touching each other in the top row. No good.
So I swapped the outer columns.
THEN I realized I had the 2 roundy flowers touching in the second row ...
(Someone, PLEASE make this STOP!!!)
So I switched the 2 middle column blocks.
Crap. NOW I have 2 "lots of pink" blocks touching again.
Ok. One more try. Switch a few more times ...
This is the final layout. For sure. I really mean it this time.
Yes, I'm aware there are few little issues remaining. But I no longer care. And don't any of you DARE point out any other problems.
If you do, I'll hold you personally responsible for coming up with THE perfect layout that satisfies all my "seemingly ridiculous but to me and my OCD streak very logical quilt layout" rules.
Just sayin'. ;)
Hope you all have a nice weekend. I'll be working on this quilt ... and FW if I'm lucky.